ONLINE MUSEUMReading Time: 1 minute
History by Bob Latimer
This place is utterly without defence. The sole defences are two six and a half ton guns, and yet the War and other Ministers are perfectly content and wrapped up in their ignorance as happy as larks, with their flippant answers in the House of Commons. I have gone into the whole question of defence and put up a report, but I suppose it will be considered facetious.
Squash CourtReading Time: 1 minute
Rules & Regulations
- Booking should be made by phone call or in person.
- Cancellation should be made 24 hours before date.
- All members must check and sign their booking.
- Any booking or cancellation should be made to the gym instructor.
- Any member bringing a guest should write his/her full name in the squash book.
- Any member, who has booked but has not come to play, will be charged the normal rate.
- Booking should be made only for one hour during peak hours.
- Alcoholic drinks are not permitted on the squash premises.
- Any member is only allowed to bring a guest twice, more than twice will be charged double.
FITNESS CENTREReading Time: 1 minute
Fitness & Wellness Centre
Our professional instructors are here to provide you with the best suited health experience. A wide variety of equipment is provided to members with different personalised exercise programmes and individual attention.
The Club’s fitness and wellness centre is also adequately equipped to welcome Members of all ages. Nowadays, people are more health conscious and take advantage of the gym facilities after a hard day’s work. Our instructors are always present to deliver fitness and wellness classes such as:
Pilates, Yoga, Muay Thai, Zumba, Taiji, Spinning, Circuit Training, ABS
06:00 hrs -20:30 hrs
06:00 hrs –18:00 hrs
Sunday/Public Holiday :
06:00 hrs – 14:00 hrs
Mrs. Kan Wah
Mr. Marc Kwai Pun
|Per Session (Member)||MUR 200|
|-Monthly Single||MUR 790|
|-Monthly Family||MUR 1,110|
|Senior Single||MUR 395|
|Senior Family||MUR 555|
|-Yearly Single||MUR 7,400|
|-Yearly Family||MUR 10,400|
|-Hire of Towel||MUR 50|
|Member’s Guest Fee + Session||MUR 340|
GOLFReading Time: 1 minute
THE GOLF EXPERIENCE
Mauritius is the fourth country where golf was introduced by the Officers of the British Military after Scotland, England and India. The Mauritius Gymkhana Club golf course is the oldest one of the Southern Hemisphere for having golf played on its grounds since 1844.
The MGC golf course is 5.6 kilometres long and a par 68. Despite the fact that it is a relatively short course, it offers great challenges to the players. As it is very tight, precision and technical skills are called for. More interestingly, the MGC golf course is playable and enjoyable by golfers of all levels. The course comprises of 18 holes of which six holes of par 3, two holes of par 5 and finally ten holes of par 4. The shortest being hole No.5 playing 132 metres while the longest being hole No.6 playing 497 metres long. There is also a Night Driving range for those wanting to practise at late hours.
Golf Green Fees
|18 Holes||MUR 400|
|13 Holes||MUR 325|
|9 Holes||MUR 250|
Night Driving Range
|Basket of 50 balls||MUR 125|
|18 Holes||MUR 1,850|
|9 Holes||MUR 1,350|
|Mauritian Nonmember MUR 950|
Non-Playing visitor (Accompanying guest) MUR 200
*Disclaimer form to be signed
RESTAURANT & BARReading Time: 1 minute
The dining area of the Club is open to Club members as follows:
08:00 hrs –10:30 hrs
12:00 hrs –14:30 hrs
Mon – Thu & Sun : 18:00 hrs – 23:00 hrs
(Last order 22 hrs)
Fri & Sat: 18:00 hrs – 00:00 hrs
(Last order 22 hrs 30)
Traditionally baked in our wood-fired oven, our pizzas are the bestsellers with the variety of choice to please each Member’s taste.
The two bars of the club are situated at the two opposite sides of the Club house; one serving the Sports Lounge & swimming pool for the broadcasting of a sporty event or simply chill out with our signature cocktails around birthday parties or family gatherings.
The other next to the Caddie Master’s Office, with its superb terrace and beautiful view of the Golf course, provides excellent opportunity for a tranquil drink with the possibility of meeting other fellow Members to share views & opinions.
TENNISReading Time: 1 minute
THE TENNIS EXPERIENCE
Tennis has always been considered the second most popular sporting activity after golf at the Club. The MGC is proud of being the only club in the Indian Ocean to have grass tennis courts.
The MGC has a total of 10 tennis courts two of which are floodlit clay courts and the remaining eight are grass courts, which were laid in the early 1940’s and 1950’s.
Under the supervision of the Tennis Committee, several activities are organised. From the creation of “Ecole de Tennis” with different professional coaches offering paid training to adults as well as children.
|Grass & Clay Court – Yearly Package||MUR 9000|
|Grass & Clay Court – Monthly Package||MUR 900|
|Grass Court (per hour)||MUR 100|
|Clay Court (per hour)||MUR 100|
|Guest Fee Member (excluding court fee)||MUR 250|
SWIMMING POOLReading Time: 1 minute
Rules & Regulations
- Operating hours: 7:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs. Members are requested to strictly comply with above mentioned time.
- Members are requested to register their full names and that of their guests and sign the Swimming Pool Register Book displayed at the Pool Bar before using the pool.
- Members are requested to register the full names of their minor child and sign the Swimming Pool Register Book displayed at the Pool Bar before using the pool. The child shall remain under the supervision of the Member at all times.
- There is no lifeguard on duty. The MGC declines all liability for any accident that may occur to any Member or his/her children or guests in the swimming pool and or within the swimming pool area.
- Wearing a cap and proper bathing suit are compulsory. T-shirt and other suit is not accepted. Any person not respecting same will not be allowed in the pool.
- Ladies and gents are to change in the respective changing room facing the pool provided to that effect and NOT in the Tennis Kiosk or at the pool terrace area.
- For hygienic reasons Members and their guests are kindly requested to have a shower and a foot bath prior to entering the pool.
- No child under the age of 8 or non swimmer under the age of 12 will be allowed in the pool area unless accompanied by an adult Member.
- Depth of the pool is clearly indicated at various places around the pool.
- Bottles, glasses and food must not be taken in or around the pool.
- Hard ball games are not allowed in the pool.
- Access to the pool will be denied to any person under the influence of alcohol.
- Any defects in the pool are to be reported immediately to the Club Manager.
- The MGC will not be responsible for any loss of personal property in the pool area.