In 1996, the MGC had the honour of hosting the first International ATP Tennis.
Mrs Jennifer Fleurot was the first lady to be elected President in 1991.
In 1976, the Royal Navy handed over the Mauritius Naval and Military Gymkhana Club to the first civilian committee.
The first Mauritian President was Jean Galea.
The first President's Ball was hosted in 1976.
In 1935, the Golf Course was made playable in two different directions the original course became “A” course and the second way “B” course
From 1849 to 1976, during the times of the Mauritius Military Gymkhana Club and the Mauritius Naval and Military Gymkhana Club, the Presidents were the respective Officers in Command of the Troops based in Mauritius.
The Mauritius Gymkhana Club was founded in 1849.
Golf was played in Mauritius in 1844 which makes Mauritius the fourth place in the world where golf was played.
The Club dates back to the early 19th Century.