THE CLUB: AN OVERVIEWTHE CLUB: AN OVERVIEWThe Mauritius Naval and Military Gymkhana Club was first founded to serve as a Service Club for British officers posted on the Island in the first half of the nineteenth century between 1834 and 1849.
In 1976 the Royal Navy handed over the Mauritius Naval and Military Gymkhana Club to the first civilian committee. Since 1976, the Club has undergone major changes both in terms of physical infrastructure, facilities, services as well as in terms of its membership – both qualitatively and quantitatively. It is now open to all Mauritians, expatriates and visitors without distinction of race, creed, colour or religion. The Club has defined for itself a clear vision for the type and level of excellence of service that it wants to provide to all its members.